- Grade Structure: 7 - 8
- Program(s) Offered: English with Core French (Gr. 7 - 8) / Early French Immersion (Gr. 7 - 8)
- Family of Schools: Renfrew
The grade range of this school, program(s) offered (at elementary schools), the family of schools that it belongs to (i.e. the Intermediate/Secondary school into which students transition.)
- Total FTE: 9.32
- Teaching FTE: 7.72
- Non-Teaching FTE: 1.6
FTE (Full Time Equivalent) indicates the total number of school staff, including those working partial hours, represented as full time status as of March 2020. Non-Teaching staff refers to the sum of administrative, classroom/student support and other staff.
- Administrative FTE: 1
- Classroom/Student Support FTE: 0.6
Breakdown of non-teaching staff FTE into administrative (principal/vice principal), classroom/student support (ECE, ESP, SSC), and other (clerical, custodial). Where elementary and secondary are co-located or K-12 schools, "other staff" are normally captured with the secondary side, while most "classroom/student support" are captured on the elementary side. FTE is as of March 2020 and can change throughout the year.
(Utilization - Oct. 2018) 63% (62%)
Total enrolment as a % of permanent pupil spaces (OTG Capacity) in the school. The alternate value provided in brackets represents the previous year's utilization value.
(% of Enrolment) 2 (3%)
Number of pupils in the Regular program who attend the school, but live in another school's boundary (Updated fall 2019).
(% of Residents) 5 (6.1%)
Number of pupils in the Regular program who live in this school's boundary, but choose to attend another school (Updated fall 2019).
Five year history of enrolments at the school on October 31st of each year. Enrolment numbers will vary over the course of the school year as students enter and depart the system. Hover over the data points on the graph to see the total enrolment for that year.
OTG means "On-the-Ground" capacity and represents the total permanent pupil places in the school as reported in the Ministry of Education's School Facilities Inventory System (SFIS), as of October 2019.
(Board Average) 1.4% (3.0%)
The proportion of the school's 2019 enrolment that have self-identified as being of Indigenous descent as per OnSIS/Ministry guidelines.
- Portables (or Portapak): 0
As reported in the Ministry of Education's School Facilities Inventory System (SFIS), as of October 2019.
The extent to which the school's 2019 enrolment compares to its (OTG) Capacity. A negative value indicates a shortfall of permanent pupil spaces compared to total school capacity (excluding portables). A positive value indicates surplus pupil places compared to total school capacity.
- Date of Construction: 1922
- Size of School Site: 1.47 Hectares
- Building Area: 678.0 Sq. m.
Note: Date of construction refers to the original structure and does not include additions that may have occurred since that time.
- Total Number of Rooms: 11
- Classrooms: 9
- Other Areas: 2
"Other Areas" includes resource rooms, specialized music rooms, gymnasia and other permanent specialized spaces identified in the School Facilities Inventory System (does not include portable classrooms).
(Board Average) 49% (30%)
Facility Condition Index (FCI) indicates the overall repair needs of the school building compared to the replacement cost of the building. Generally speaking, a lower % FCI represents an overall better building condition compared to a higher % FCI. The alternate figure provided in brackets represents the average FCI of all RCDSB school buildings overall. Information on the assessed condition of Ontario schools is gathered in five-year cycles, the first of which took place from 2011 to 2015. The program is currently in year five of its second cycle (2016 to 2020).
The change in the average number of births occurring per year to women residing within this school's boundary. Calculated by comparing the most recent 3 years vs. the 3 years before that.
The difference between the group of children that will be eligible to enter the school over the next 3 years vs. the group aging out of the school (4 years is used in schools with small youth populations).
A measure of the net impact of families moving in and out of this catchment area annually, based on the 5 year average.
(Board Average) 10.4% (11.3%)
The proportion of the community's population that move in the year prior to the Census. Source: Census 2016
- The provision of data related to student achievement reflects a 'snapshot in time' along the students' learning journey. It is important to acknowledge that any source of data has strengths and/or limitations whether it is an in-class assignment or large-scale assessment. Stakeholders are encouraged to use multiple sources of data with respect to the assessment and evaluation of achievement for schools, districts and jurisdictions. Further information related to the provincial assessments conducted annually by the Education Quality and Accountability Office in particular, may be found at EQAO.com
- The provision of data related to student well-being reflects a 'snapshot in time' along the students' learning journey. It is important to acknowledge that any source of data has strengths and limitations, whether it is an online survey or a focus group session. Stakeholders are encouraged to use multiple sources of data with respect to the assessment and evaluation of well-being for schools, districts and jurisdictions. Further information related to the school climate survey, OurSCHOOL (formerly Tell Them From Me) Survey conducted once every two years by The Learning Bar may be found at thelearningbar.com
Board Average: 64%
National Average: 75% 70%
The proportion of elementary school students with a positive sense of belonging. Source: OurSCHOOL Survey, site updated: April 2020.
Board Average: 79%
National Average: 83% 80%
The proportion of elementary students with positive relationships. Source: OurSCHOOL Survey, site updated: April 2020.
Board Average: 49%
National Average: 64% 47%
The proportion of students who feel safe at school, as well as travelling to/from school. Source: OurSCHOOL Survey, site updated: April 2020.
Board Average: 33%
National Average: 27% 25%
The proportion of elementary students who are subjected to physical, social, verbal bullying, or are bullied over the internet (moderate to severe level). Source: OurSCHOOL Survey, site updated: April 2020.